Those who won one of the lottery tickets to attend the WWDC22 face-to-face match can consider themselves very, very lucky. Yes, they will have to do it with a mask and present negative test results to avoid COVID-19, but now they have received a detailed agenda of everything they are going to do during the day and has no waste.
Breakfast, lunch, visits, keynote and meetings: a unique WWDC22
If you’re visiting Apple Park for the #WWDC22 special event, make sure you check your registration because there’s now a full schedule: breakfast, keynote, lunch, Platforms State of the Union, Meet the Teams, the ADAs, and three bookable tours to choose from! 🙌 pic.twitter.com/Hi5WF2LLP6
— Paul Hudson (@twostraws) May 25, 2022
The program has been shared on networks by one of the attendees, and we can detail it:
- Starting at 7:00 AM on June 6, registration at the Apple Park Visitor Center and open houses at the Apple Developer Center.
- At 8:00, breakfast at Caffè Macs.
- At 10:00, viewing of the key note. The exact place is not detailed but we assume that they will open the Steve Jobs auditorium for it.
- At 12:00, lunch at Caffè Macs. This confirms that the key note it will last two hours maximum.
- At 13:00, viewing of the event Platforms State of The Unionaimed at developers and where the status of Apple’s platforms and their course as a result of the new features presented are explained.
- At 14:30 there are various events. In addition to meeting developer teams, you can choose to visit the outdoor areas of Apple Park, the Fitness+ center where all service sessions are recorded, or Caffè Macs itself. Visitors can only choose between one of those tours through prior registration.
- Finally, at 4:30 p.m., attendees will attend the Apple Design Awards ceremony.
Once the awards ceremony is over, the meeting will end. For them it will be as if the key note lasted ten hours counting all the activities, and who knows if at the time of meeting the engineering teams they also have the luck to run into some high position. I predict many selfie.
This year may be the only one in which this is going to be done exceptionally, because unless there are unforeseen events, it looks like 2023 will be the first year in which the pandemic is no longer noticeable and we return to massive events. But may Apple learn something from this: perhaps this type of tour will be repeated for a few lucky ones next year? We’ll see.