How to have oatmeal for breakfast to lose weight?
While there are many ways to prepare oatmeal for weight loss, dietitian Christa Brown told Eat This, Not That that one of the best oatmeal habits for weight loss is to add plenty of protein to your diet or bowl of morning oatmeal.
“The number one habit I encourage my clients to practice is add a protein to your oatmealBrown says.
“One of my favorites is to mix in almond or peanut butter to make it creamy and delicious. Along with the fiber in oatmeal, it helps with satiety to keep you full longer.which avoids those mindless snacks throughout the day that add to your calorie limits.”
The protein content of peanuts, for example, ranges between 22 and 30% of its total calories, which makes this food a great source of plant-based protein, according to the specialized site Heathline.
Now, the recipe: Breakfast with oatmeal
This is a recipe from the specialized site Eat This, Not That:
- 4 1/2 cups of water
- 2 cups of oat flakes
- a pinch of salt
- 2 sliced bananas
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds or another nut
- Optional: chia seeds, blueberries, apples, peach.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and add the oats and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until the oats are tender and have absorbed most of the liquid.
- Add the bananas, peanut butter, almonds and stir to evenly incorporate. If the oatmeal is too thick, add a splash of milk.
What are the benefits of oatmeal?
- is rich in nutrients
- combat the cell oxidation
- regulate the blood pressure
- Helps reduce cholesterol levels
- is rich in antioxidants
- Helps reduce sugar in blood
- combat the inflammation
- Helps lose weight and feel full
- combat the problems of constipation
- It can help care for skin
- Reduces the risk of asthma childish
Read more on Urgent24
This Overlooked Food Improves Cholesterol Levels and Circulation
No one told you that this food improves memory and brain
Diabetes? Mayo Clinic Healthcare doctor warns you
These Foods Make Your Anxiety The Most Worse, Expert Says
Drinking this for breakfast improves your memory, says expert