This Friday, April 1, the first IN-FEDA 2022 will be held, which will start at 10:00 a.m. Dynamic breakfast “Keys to logistics management after the pandemic”, who will be in charge of Thomas Martinez, Project manager in consulting, participating in different projects to improve operations in companies in the chemical and furniture sectors. Currently, he is Director of Operations for the Pikolinos Group and as such, he has developed and manages the company’s supply chain, optimizing productivity and costs. He teaches Operations Management and Supply Chain classes at EDEM, FEDA Business School, Fundesem, at the Miguel Hernández University (UMH) and at the Association for the Development of Logistics (ADL).
This conference is based on the VUCA environment (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) in which we live. Pandemic, stability in Europe, war in Ukraine… Currently, companies face a great challenge aimed at a new way of doing things and lowering costs. In this dynamic breakfast, topics as important in this context as:
- Supply risks: How to avoid the dreaded disruption of our supply chain.
- Increased costs of transport and raw materials: Impacts on the business and palliative measures.
- Logistics challenges of E-commerce: omnichannel, unit picking, integration of carriers and last mile, reverse logistics, geographical dispersion (centralization of stocks vs. decentralization).
This breakfast has the support of such important institutions at European level as the Enterprise Europe Network, and at a regional level such as IPEX and CECAM, and the traditional collaboration of BBVA, together with the Technical Directorate of the Association of Importers and Exporters of Albacete, ADIEX .
The seminar is aimed at the staff of export/import companies or with international expansion projects, especially those responsible for operations, logistics, purchases, international expansion, general management, as well as any professional directly related to logistics and the supply chain, since now more than ever logistics is one of the engines of reactivation of the economy.
- Current environment and impacts on logistics: supply risks, increased costs, stocks and adaptation to e-comm:
- VUCA environment
- Challenges for companies:
- supply problems
- Increased costs
- Greater weight of the e-comm
- Disruptions in supply chains: peaks in demand/saturation, lack of maritime transport capacity, closures and saturation of ports…
- Impacts on the business of disruptions.
- Diversify sourcing
- Secure shipping space.
- New relationship with shipping companies
- Long-term agreements
- alternative modes. Ahem. before the closure of the port of Yantian.
- Cost increase: impacts on the business and palliative measures
- Transport price increase x5
- Dilemma: adjust margins vs increase prices
- Long-term agreements
- Load compaction. Air war.
- Improve efficiency/productivity throughout the SC
- E-commerce impacts on logistics
- Specifications of e-comm:
- unit lot
- High range of references. Variety
- reverse logistics
- Integration with carriers
- Client information. tracking
- Last Mille
- Geographic dispersion. How to serve other markets.