Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day because the food eaten is the first after a long fasting period, according to the Ministry of Health of the Government of Mexico.
However, there are breakfasts that help with the weight loss process, since they have low calories and the key to losing weight is to have a caloric deficit, which is when people consume fewer calories than they spend on a daily basis.
That said, coach Alex Cifuentes through his Instagram account pointed out that a recommended breakfast is: two eggs; 1/2 avocado; Salt, pepper, lemon and olive oil on two slices of wholemeal bread.
Along the same lines, the Portuguese health, nutrition and wellness portal Tua Saúde revealed other healthy breakfasts for weight loss:
1. A French or whole wheat bread with white cheese and a glass of orange juice.
2. Granola with a natural yogurt and pieces of fruit.
3. Coffee with skim milk and no sugar, a cereal bread with a teaspoon of butter and a pear.
4. Whole grain cereals with assorted fruits with almond milk.
5. Scrambled eggs on whole wheat toast with a strawberry smoothie made with coconut milk.
6. Banana Oatmeal Pancakes with Peanut Butter and Diced Strawberries.
However, before starting a food plan, the first thing to do is consult a health expert so that he or she can guide the process and indicate what is most appropriate for each person, since the previous diet is a recommendation. from the Portuguese portal, but the exact composition of a varied, balanced and healthy diet will be determined by the characteristics of each person (age, sex, life habits and degree of physical activity), the cultural context, the foods available in the place and the eating habits, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
For its part, mayo Clinic, non-profit organization dedicated to clinical practice, education and research, revealed some tips to start losing weight:
- Eat at least four servings of vegetables and three servings of fruit daily.
- Replace refined grains with whole grains.
- Eat moderate amounts of healthy fats, such as olive oil, vegetable oils, avocados, nuts, nut butters, and nut oils.
- Reduce sugar intake as much as possible, except the natural sugar in fruit.
- Choose low-fat dairy products, lean meat, and lean poultry in limited amounts.
Similarly, a diet should be accompanied by exercise at least 30 minutes of moderate walking as recommended by the World Health Organization. The vital thing is that it has an energy expenditure.
Regarding physical activity, cardio exercises – also known as aerobic exercises – are the most implemented when looking to burn calories and reduce body weight. Those that involve weights help the body burn fat while building muscle mass, which also works to speed up metabolism.
In any case, people wonder what is the best time to exercise and, for this reason, experts say that it is a matter of preference, taste and schedule. The important thing is to meet the daily goals.
Finally, it should be noted that age is a factor that plays an important role when it comes to losing weight and burning body fat, because as the body ages it undergoes hormonal and metabolic changes that prevent it from burning calories easily. Likewise, anxiety, stress or lack of self-control impact the way each body stores or processes fat.