Every day it is hard to get up to start the day. Often the only thing we want is to sleep a little longer, because it is the last day of rest and the truth is that we would not change it for anything, because it is our moment familywhere we take the opportunity to live with everyone who lives at home, since it is the day that everyone rests. However, it is also the day when we do not want to put much effort into cooking.
For the days when we just want to chat and eat something lightbecause we don’t feel like anything else, because we are also on a diet and we want to optimize our food, salads are always a good option. Especially, because they can contain just everything we need to start the day, thanks to the great variety of their elements, starting with the fruit and vegetables they contain, plus their dressings.
According to experts, breakfast is the food most important of the day, because it is the moment in which our body recovers the nutrients used or lost, due to the fact that during the night, processes treatment plants and repairers in our body, which help us to be healthy and for this reason we have to respect what we put in our mouths in the first hours of our day to achieve it.
What does the Russian salad contain?
The recommendation of health specialists is that in the morning, we eat something that contains enough vitamins and minerals, which we can find in the fruits and vegetables; proteinsthat are lodged in the egg, lean meat, seeds or dairy products and carbohydrates, which can be found in cereals, flours, breads or cookies. It sounds difficult to achieve, but the reality is that it is not that complicated.
There are some extremely complete foods, such as the Russian salad, which provide us with all these nutrients in a single portion. This is because the food is made up of potato, carrot, peas, mayonnaise and sometimes chicken, tuna or egg to accompany. Although it is a perfect side dish either for breaded milanese or meat pancakes, eating it alone is also a great idea.
For this reason, today we will teach you how to prepare this delicious salad, as your first meal of the day, so that you take advantage of all the carbohydrates that potatoes can give you, which also contain this nutrient, the proteins of the Mayonnaiseplus the vitamins and minerals from green peas and carrotthat will also make you feel light when eating it and processing it in the body. You can accompany it with crackers or toast. So get to work!
- 4 medium all-purpose potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise with lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Mexican cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 celery stalks, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 sliced chives
- 1 can of tuna
How do you prepare?
- Cook the popes and the carrots in boiling salted water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat for 10 minutes
- Add the green peas when there are 5 minutes left until they are ready. Drain well and cool slightly.
- Mix the mayonnaise, cream, salt, thyme and pepper in a medium bowl until completely incorporated with the tuna without water or oil.
- Add the celery and chives to the vegetables cooked and mix well. Add the prepared mayonnaise and gently toss to coat well. Top.
- Refrigerate salad until serving.