Although still we are on bridge and you can rest one more day, there is no why not indulgebut at the same time take care of yourself and for this reason, on this occasion we want to share with you three super quick breakfast options to do and that you will love for its flavor, elaborated with oatmealone of the most nutritious and accessible cereals we have at home.
The oats is an important source of Soluble fiberespecially for his beta-glucansthat when in contact with water they form a gel that covers your stomach and that not only protects it, but also helps absorb fat, so its regular consumption helps lower bad cholesterol levels (LDL) and triglycerides in the blood, in addition to regulate glucose.
The combinations that we bring you on this occasion not only balance well on the palate, but also have an addition of other very nutritious foods, such as fruits, chia, mushrooms or spinach, which provide fiber, minerals, vitamins, protein and antioxidants very good for your health. Take advantage of this day of rest and pamper yourself with a rich and healthy breakfast.
3 quick breakfasts with oatmeal
1. Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 cups of almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnut
- 2 tablespoons of chia
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C, and on the other hand, serve the chia in a bowl with 6 tablespoons of water, let it rest for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, grind the oat flakes in the blender to obtain a fine powder and mash the banana, serve both in a bowl.
3. Add the baking powder, the almond milk, the chopped walnuts, the cinnamon powder, the sugar and once it is ready, the hydrated chia. Stir well until integrated.
4. Grease some molds with vegetable oil and pour in the muffin mix, put in the oven at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes, do the toothpick test and if it comes out clean, remove it, wait a bit for it to cool down and unmold.
2. Oatmeal masher
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 100 grams of mushrooms
- 1/4 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tomato
- 1 serrano chili
- 1/4 cup of oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper
1. Finely chop the onion and garlic, dice the serrano chili and tomato (seedless), and slice the mushrooms, reserve separately.
2. Place a frying pan over medium heat with a splash of virgin olive oil, when it is very hot, serve the onion and garlic, stir and as soon as it begins to brown add the mushrooms.
3. 2 minutes later, over medium-high heat and stirring regularly, add the tomato, serrano pepper, oatmeal and 1/4 cup of water, stir well.
4. After 2 minutes, season with turmeric powder, ground black pepper and salt to taste, leave 2 more minutes over medium heat and if the water has already dried up and has taken the consistency of machaca, remove it. Serve hot with corn tortillas and enjoy!
3. Spinach Oatmeal Omelet
- 150 grams of oat flakes
- 150 grams of spinach
- 200 grams of mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 400 mL of water
- Unsalted butter
- ground black pepper
1. Wash and disinfect the spinach, cut it into pieces and serve in the blender, add the oatmeal flakes, the eggs and 200 milliliters of water, grind until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
2. Let stand 30 minutes, add the rest of the water, salt and ground black pepper to taste, grind again until everything is integrated.
3. Place a frying pan over medium high heat and spread a little unsalted butter, when it is very hot serve a ladle of the mixture, move the pan so that the mixture spreads over the entire surface.
4. When it is cooked, turn it over, serve a bit of grated mozzarella cheese in half, let the omeltte cook and fold it in half, to leave the cheese in the middle. Once cooked, remove, you can fill with whatever you like, and enjoy!