Is a breakfast coming where you have to look good? This spinach and artichoke frittata is a great dish to win everyone’s approval: hearty, creamy and a little exotic, plus it’s quick and easy to prepare.
Ingredients fspinach and artichoke rittata
- 6 eggs
- 100 grams of cream cheese
- ½ kilo of spinach
- 1 splash of olive oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 garlic
- ½ lemon and its zest (take care that it does not have white parts so that it does not bitter the recipe)
- ¼ red bell pepper, julienned
- ⅓ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ can whole artichoke hearts
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat the eggs until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC.
- Mix the cream cheese at room temperature with the eggs. If you like to find bits of cheese intact, do it with a fork, if you want something perfectly creamy, use the mixer. Reserve.
- Cut the spinach into large pieces, being careful to remove the stems.
- Saute the spinach with the olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet that can also be used in the oven, with the shallot and the garlic cloves coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cream cheese and egg mixture over the pan when the shallot is a little soft, add the zest and juice of half a lemon, a pinch of bell pepper and the grated cheese. Stir to fully combine. Pour into a bowl and reserve.
- Cut each artichoke heart in half. Clean the pan and fry them there with a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat for three minutes.
- Place the artichoke hearts cut-side down in the pan, make sure the entire pan is greased, and carefully pour the spinach-egg mixture over the top. Spread with a spatula until there is an even layer.
- Cook for an additional four minutes so the bottom sets and the sides begin to pull away from the pan.
- Bake your spinach and artichoke frittata at 175ºC for about 15 minutes.
- Empty carefully not to burn yourself on a plate. Add a pinch of oregano.
The spinach and artichoke frittata is ideal for that celebratory breakfast you have pending. We recommend accompanying it with browned salty bread, fruit juices or mimosas, here we tell you how to prepare them.