The pozole It is one of the most traditional recipes in our country and we regularly enjoy it on a holiday or in national celebrations such as September 15. However, they are not exclusive to those moments and the wonderful thing is that we can enjoy it in different ways, like this red shrimp pozole shared by Profeco for this Lent.
taking advantage of the seafood seasonIt is an excellent option to prepare this traditional dish with shrimp and give a twist to the typical recipe with red meat or chicken. The recipe of the Federal Consumer Protection Office (prophet) cloth we share step by step so you don’t have to watch and pause the video, because below we indicate all the details to do it.
At the end of this preparation, prophet indicates that this shrimp pozole will give you 596 caloriesof which 33 grams come from the proteins18 grams of fat, 48 milligrams of cholesterol and 12 grams of dietary fiberso it is undoubtedly a much healthier option if you make it at home and it will surely have a better quality and flavor at the end of the day.
Red shrimp pozole
- 1 and 1/4 of a kilo of shelled corn cacahuazintle
- 3/4 kilo of fresh shrimp
- dried shrimp
- 1 onion
- 1 head of garlic
- 3 cloves of garlic for the sauce
- Dried chiles (guajillo, ancho and pasilla)
- 4 lemons
- 8 radishes
- Lettuce chopped, to serve
- avocado, to serve
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered shrimp consommé
- Dried oregano
- chili piquin
- Vegetable oil
- ground black pepper
1. Clean well the fresh shrimpremove heads and tails.
2. Place the heads and tails of the fresh shrimp in a pot with enough Wateradd the dried shrimp (approximately 300 grams), 1/2 onion and 1/2 head of garliccover and boil until the flavor of the broth is concentrated.
3. In a separate pot, serve the shelled corn cacahuazintle, 1/2 onion and 1/2 head of garlic and enough Water to cover grains, cook over high heat until grains pop. When this happens, remove the onion and garlic and add the powdered shrimp consomméleave on low heat.
4. When the shrimp broth is ready, remove from heat, separate the dried shrimpremove them heads and the tails without discarding them. Strain the hot and reserve.
5. Place the dried chillies (although it is not indicated in the recipe, for these quantities we suggest you use 7 guajillo chilies, 1 wide chili and 1 pasilla chili no tail) in a pot with Water over high heat until softened.
5. Serve in the blender the hydrated chiliesa little bit of your cooking water and shrimp broth, 1/2 cooked onion (you can use the one you removed from the shrimp broth), 3 garlic clovesthe heads and shrimp tails and a handful of Dried oreganoGrind until a homogeneous mixture is obtained, reserve.
6. In a hot skillet serve 2 tablespoons of oil and served very hot guajillo saucestir. When it starts to boil, rectify the seasoning, add salt and pepper to taste.
7. When the sauce is well cooked and seasoned, serve it in the pot with the peanut corn. As soon as the pozole start to boil add the raw and dried shrimpleave until it starts to boil again.
8. Serve your shrimp pozole very hot, add chopped lettuceslices of radishes, lemon juice, chili piquin, avocado and corn toastall to taste To enjoy!