The Oaxacan tlayudas have increasingly captured the attention of Mexicans, because this rich Mexican preparation originating from the Central Valleys of Oaxacait has begun to spread in states where it was unknown or had a wrong idea of what it was. This typical dish from southern Mexico consists of a huge omeletteof about 30 centimeters or more, which has the toast texture.
To make them, regularly Oaxacan women make them by handstretching a ball of white corn dough until obtaining a large and very thin tortilla that they heat in clay comales until leave them well browned. In Oaxaca they are bought in any market, but in other states you have to look in specialized stores where they sell products originating from this state.
you could make them at home, preparing the dough for corn tortillas and rolling it out as much as you can, but you must be patient because by extending them too much, they obtain a less thick consistency and it is possible that they break. Try to make it at least the diameter of your comal, so that it looks like a delicious tlayuda and add the ingredients that we share below, you will love them!
- 4 tortillas for tlayudas
- 600 grams of quesillo or Oaxaca cheese
- 500 grams of jerky or cecina
- 100 grams of sausage
- 3 cups of refried beans
- 300 grams of seat or lard
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cabbage or cabbage
- 1/2 onion
- Vegetable oil
- Hot sauces, to accompany
1. Chop it cabbage or cabbage into thin strips, wash, disinfect and reserve for later. Wash and cut into slices tomatoesbooking.
2. Place a skillet over medium heat with a stream of vegetable oiladd the onion finely chopped and fry, as soon as it begins to brown, add the jerky or jerky cut into large pieces.
3. After a few minutes flip the meat and when it is cooked, remove and reserve. At the end of the jerky, use this same pan to brown the chorizoleave large pieces or if you prefer, you can undo it, once golden, remove and reserve.
3. On the same fire, place a comal over high heat, when it is hot lower the heat and place your tlayuda to make it hot, leave just about 20 seconds and remove.
4. Spread the seat or lard on the surface of the tlayuda With the help of a stick, try to cover the entire surface.
5. Add the refried beans hot on the seat, add the chopped cabbage over all the tlayuda and then add the quesillo or Oaxaca cheese shredded, trying to cover the entire surface.
6. Place several slices of tomato in each tlayuda, in the spaces accommodate some pieces of jerky, chorizo and avocadoadd sauce to taste, and enjoy!