Lentils are very nutritious legumes, since from the beginning they constitute a good source of protein of vegetable origin, which when combined with a cereal, provides a protein similar to that of meat. The advantage of this protein source is that it is very low fatIn addition to contributing slow absorbing carbohydrates that they provide energy for longer and prevents glucose spikes.
Lentils are also rich in folic acid, iron, potassium and magnesium, minerals that help regulate fluids in the body, improve the functions of the nervous and muscular systems, are important for fight anemia and essential in pregnant women. They act as prebiotics that favor intestinal health, as they stimulate the growth of the microbiota, or good bacteria in the intestine.
Its regular consumption helps to strengthen the immune system, promotes digestion and prevents cardiovascular diseases, so adding lentils to the regular diet has many advantages. To make the most of them, we share this rich recipe without meat to make lentil meatballsthat is easy to make and you will really be surprised by the appearance and taste they have when consumed.
- 400 grams of cooked lentils
- 300 grams of mushrooms
- 200 grams of oatmeal
- 500 grams of homemade tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
1. Make sure the lentils are soft after cooking them in water, drain well and reserve.
2. Chop in a food processor and separately, the onionthe carrot (washed and peeled) and mushroomsOr, chop them as fine as you can. Booking.
3. Place a saucepan over medium heat with a stream of vegetable oilwhen hot add the onion and the carrotseason with shall to taste, stir for about 10 minutes, or until they have been fried.
4. Add the mushroomscontinue stirring regularly for 10 minutes or until mushrooms are reduced by half.
5. At this point season with the garlic powderthe Dried oreganothe ground cumin and the ground black pepperstir to integrate everything, and leave like this for 2 minutes over low heat.
6. Add the oatmeal (You can make it by grinding natural oat flakes until you get a fine powder), little by little, so that a dough is formed. Remove from heat.
7. Serve your hour in a bowlcover with self-adhesive plastic and put in the refrigerator for about 12 to 24 hours so that the flavor is well impregnated and the mixture has the correct consistency.
8. Take out of the fridge and form some spheres with the lentil dough. At the end, pass each meatball through oatmeal.
9. Place a saucepan over medium heat with a stream of vegetable oilWhen hot, place the meatballsflip to brown on all sides.
10. When they have finished browning, add the homemade tomato saucelet it rest for 3 minutes so that it takes on a good color and then remove from the heat. They are ready to be enjoyed!