Moscardini, green beans and tuna: these are the three main ingredients of this fresh and light seafood main course. Perfect for both lunch and dinner.
What we propose is a special recipe that thanks to octopus, green beans and tuna create a second course of fresh and light sea. Vinegar flavored with herbs it will amaze you with its intense and perfectly balanced aroma with other flavors. L’baby octopus salad it’s a simple and light recipe: you can serve it as an appetizer or main course.
The baby octopus can also be put in boiling water with celery, carrot, onion and garlic, to give them the best flavor. When buying baby octopus from the fishmonger make sure they have a bright color e let the meat be Whitemoreover i tentacles they must be intact.
- Boil the green beans al dente, drain and collect them in a salad bowl.
- Wash and also clean the octopus, boil them in salted water and lemon for fifteen minutes, drain, cut the largest in two and leave the smaller ones whole.
- In a casserole pay a glass of vinegaradd abundant basil, marjoram, a little parsley, the clove of garlic, the chilli.
- Bring to boil and leave evaporate for a few minutes.
- Turn offeliminate aromas.
- Drain off the tuna and distribute it on the green beans, add the octopus.
- Season speak about I drizzle the oilflavored vinegar, salt and pepper and lemon zest.
- To keep two hours in the refrigerator.
- After the rest time, serve your salad baby octopus and green beans.
How to enrich the baby octopus and green beans salad
You can enrich yours baby octopus salad adding also black or green olives and capers. For a super quick recipe use the vegetables Mixed pickles: you’ll be preparing your baby octopus salad in no time. In this case you will do to boil the baby octopus in boiling salted water to which to add a leaf of Laurel and 1 glass of white wine. Once ready, leave it coolcut it into small pieces and season with the pickled vegetables. Then add one sauce made with oil, apple vinegar, salt and pepper.
Similar to octopus and with a musky scent, baby octopus are rock molluscs, also called “sand octopuses“. And they are among the typical ingredients of kitchen poor. Ideal for preparing dishes based on fish tasty and irresistible. On its tentacles it has only one row of suckers, and is smaller than the octopus. It has a darker color but equals it in flavor and tenderness. However, there is also the baby octopus Whitevery similar in shape, although it does not have the same musky smell. Furthermore, its meats are less prized and tender.
The baby octopus is however a very rich food from a nutritional point of view. contains salts minerals and vitamins A, B and E, it also has a low intake of fat, and is therefore also indicated in low calorie diets.