The lent It is one of the seasons in which leaving aside the consumption of red meat, for religious beliefs, and the best option is to replace all these foods with White meat, where some species such as fish, shellfish and some birds such as chicken or turkey enter, which are recognized as “pure” foods for this season.
As we have mentioned, the seafood They are highly consumed, not only for their flavor, but also for the great variety that they can have in the kitchen and, precisely, one of the most outstanding is the shrimp. The shrimp It has established itself as one of the most popular species of seafood around the world, it is usually the ideal type of option to combine with endless ingredients and create something unique and wonderful.
Remembering a little the recipes that they made at home, I would even dare to say, that they are still made and not only in mine, in that of many Mexicans, one of the most popular is, precisely, based on shrimp: the famous shrimp cakes with nopales. Many are the moms, aunts and grandmothers who usually know this recipe and prepare it at different times of the year, some people even add them to the rosemary at Christmas and they are great. However, today we want to show you a recipe from yesteryear, where with a red sauce and nopalesin the complete style of a popular Mexican stew.
Shrimp pancakes with nopales
- 2 Chilles tree (without stem)
- 1 tomato
- 50 grams of dried shrimp
- 6 crackers
- 3 eggs (separating the whites from the yolks)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 1/2 cups nopales (cooked and diced)
- 1 small sprig of coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste)
- We will put in a pot with water the chiles and the tomato. We will leave until reaching the boil for about 15 minutes.
- We will lightly toast the shrimp in a comal on both sides.
- We remove the head and we will take these to the blender or grinder with the biscuits.
- TIP: In this part, there is a very special tip, because many people tend to season the heads with a little that and onion. I could give it a different touch. You can also substitute the crackers for breadcrumbs and add it later.
- We’ll take a bowl the clear ones and we will beat until snow point.
- Once ready, we will gradually add the shrimp mixture.
- Stir perfectly and season with salt and pepper.
- When we have it ready, with the help of a spoon, we will form the pancakes in the pan and let cook on both sides.
- We repeat the process until we finish with all the mixture and we will take the pancakes on absorbent paper.
- For the sauce, we will take the chiles and the tomato with the garlic, oregano and cumin to the blender or favorite grinder.
- When we have a homogeneous consistency, we will pass through a sieve and take to a pot with oil.
- We leave for 5 minutes.
- After time, we will add the nopales and stir.
- Leave for a few minutes and add the Shrimp pancakes .
- Serve and enjoy.