Mexico without its sauces, is not understood in the same way. The Chile is a very important part of the Mexican gastronomy and it is thanks to the different types of this foodthat there are a lot of dressings, sauces, soups and stews that are made from ancestral recipeswhere the spicy, without a doubt, has always been part of history and therefore it is something that is difficult to give up.
The truth is that the mexicanswe hardly conceive the idea of a snack, soup or stew without sauce. You know, there are always the options that are itchy and those that are “not itchy”. But deep inside we know that everything is itchy and when we eat something that really isn’t itchy, it doesn’t taste the same anymore or we feel that something is missing. And although many stews they change from region to region, chili is neither created nor destroyed, it only transforms.
And it is that at least in Mexico There are at least 50 varieties of chilies, of which only 20 are the most used in cooking, but there are countless recipes with the most popular species, such as Chile Applehall, guajillotree, serrano, habanero, jalapeño and morita. All of them have a different degree of itching and the truth is that we can include them in our recipes according to taste.
Where is the use of morita chili more customary?
For this reason, today we decided to share with you a succulent recipe to learn how to make a tasty salsa tacosnothing more and nothing less than with morita chili. If you are a frequent cook, surely you know it and you know that this species is used to season and flavor endless stews, such as steaks on sauce, ribs pig And a long etcetera. The results are incredible and the truth is that it is always worth the effort to try them.
In accordance with Larousse Kitchen It is a smaller variety of jalapeno pepperbut unlike the latter it is of the dried and smoked type. It is smaller than the blackberry chilibut it looks a lot like it. It has a smooth, shiny and purple shell. On average, it measures about 3 centimeters long and 2 centimeters wide. Its use is quite common, especially in the regions of Veracruz, Puebla, federal District or conurbation areas.
So far so good, but we must warn you that the taste of your sauce It is very spicy, although with a certain sweetness and chili comes to be used in the same way as have to and the chipotle. You can even prepare some pickles or marinades with it and the flavor is extraordinary, so if you want to give your taquitos a little “bravo” touch, this is definitely the option. And here we bring it for you. Let’s do it!
- 1/2 kg of green tomatoes, peeled and washed
- 3 dried morita chilies
- 1 small onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 of cup of Cilantro chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon (optional)
How do you prepare?
- Roast the chiles on a griddle on both sides, taking care not to burn them, when they are ready, put them in a container with hot water to soak and submerge them.
- Halve the tomatoes and onion into four parts and place them on a baking sheet. Add the garlic and put them in the oven at 200°C. for 5 min. Take them out and turn so they brown on the other side (it has to be well browned on all sides).
- Take out and let them cool down a bit.
- Put the chiles, tomatoes and garlic in the blender and grind until everything is well ground. (Use the juice released by the tomatoes when they are in the oven)
- Pour the mixture into a container and reserve.