The pancakes They are a kind of flat cake made with flour, egg yolks, milk and fruit that you can vary according to your preference. It is usually consumed at breakfast time, but can also be sent in the school lunch box.
In Peru, this delicacy is becoming very popular and it is most likely because they are quick to prepare and also cheap, since their inputs are products that are usually found at home.
This is how, below, we share the recipe for the apple pancakes so you can make them at home and delight yourself with their flavor.
Apple Pancake Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of flour (140 grams)
- 1 cup of milk (240 milliliters)
- 1 teaspoon lard, butter, or oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 apples
- 4 teaspoons of sugar
How to prepare apple pancake?
Peel and cut the apples into very thin slices (to prevent browning, sprinkle them with a few drops of lemon).}
Beat the eggs, milk, flour and salt until you have a thick liquid mixture (if you want you can blend them). Let stand in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Now, grease a pan with oil or butter. Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and pour it over, immediately (while the batter is raw) to put the apple slices all over the pancake.
When the apples are stuck together, flip the pancake over and wait a few minutes. Then, remove it and if you wish you can sprinkle the sugar in the pan so that it forms caramel and you can give the preparation a sweet taste. Finally, place the pancakes back in the pan for a few more minutes and voila.
- So that the pancakes do not stick, the ideal is to use a non-stick pan.
- If you are going to use a Teflon pan to make your pancakes, before frying them you must put oil or butter.
- The key to the dough is that it is not too liquid or thick.
- When the edges are golden, they lift off the pan and bubbles form in the center means the pancakes are ready to be flipped.