The crappie It’s one of the most consumed fish worldwide and Mexico could not be the exception, as it is a very rich food, which can be prepared in various ways. For this reason, for the period of Lent, which this 2002 goes from March 2 to April 14, it is undoubtedly one of the foods from the sea most sought after by Mexicans.
In this scenario, the Federal Consumer Protection Office (prophet) released the average fish prices in our country for Marchamong those who took into consideration the cost of this variety, also known as tilapiaand that goes from almost 80 pesos up to 173 pesos per kilodepending on the size of the crappieif it is whole or if it is sold by the fillet.
And it is that although, the Profeco had also shared a list with the prices of the cheapest fish for this Lent in Mexico, it was about costs taken in February of this year and that were published by the Consumer Magazine, for what now the federal agency, updated some of the costs of these seafood products and that we share for you below.
How much does a kilo of mojarra cost? Profeco indicates these costs for March
According to Profeco, these are the cheapest fish costs for March:
1. Lisa del Golfo (whole fish), $54.61
2. Large horse mackerel (whole fish), $54.97
3. Carp (whole fish), $60.63
4. Bandera (full fish), $70.35
5. Small tilapia mojarra (whole fish), $78.89
6. Catfish (whole fish), $80.69
7. Large tilapia mojarra (whole fish), $85.39
8. Red Basa Steak (frozen or thawed), $96.88
9. Sierra (whole fish), $100.94
10. White Basa Fillet (frozen or thawed), $103.28
11. Tilapia crappie fillet (frozen or thawed), $124.35
12. Dogfish loin or fillet, $147.89
13. Tilapia crappie fillet (frozen or thawed) $149.57
14. Tilapia fillet (fresh), $150.66
15. Mojarra fillet (fresh), $173.45
From these average costs, in force during the month of March according to Profeco, the costs rise to more than 230 pesos per kilo. As for the comparison of prices with respect to those published for February, it can be seen that they rose between 2 and 3 pesos on average, so the costs should not exceed some of these costs.
The crappie It is a source of high-quality protein, with vitamins D, E and the B complex, as well as minerals such as phosphorus and calcium that help strengthen your immune systemprevent and combat various diseases, help you recover and produce tissues such as muscles, bones and ligaments, protect your bone health, among others Benefits.