the championship of max verstappen represented the end of a hegemonic era (seven years) by the team Mercedes. The Dutch driver’s victory, ironically, came in the last Formula 1 campaign with the old single-seater regulations.
The highest category of motor sport reached its highest level of spectacularity with a permanent duel between Lewis Hamilton and Verstappen. However, the objectives are forceful: to increase and expand the competition around the 20 drivers on the grid.
“It’s a very exciting moment. We don’t know where we are right now, but we hope that these rules deliver what Ross (Brown, F1 sporting director) promised us, in the closest races,” said the six-time world champion, Hamilton.
Again, eyes point to Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen as the two main protagonists. The Mexican Sergio Pérez, who will face his second season at Red Bull, seeks to achieve a blow of authority, after completing an encouraging adaptation process.
The last days of preseason yielded striking results. However, the first free practices and qualifying will really show the positioning of each of the teams in the first Grand Prix, in a new era in world motorsport.
“I am sure that the intensity of the rivalry between teams and drivers will be more present than ever,” said Horner, at a press conference, after the intense fight between Hamilton’s Mercedes and Verstappen’s Red Bull for the title until the last seconds of the final Grand Prix 2021.
After multiple transformations, including the weight of the single-seaters, the 2022 season marks the beginning of an innovative stage in Formula 1. After establishing itself as one of the most attractive spectacles, it tries to remain in the forefront in the sport.
NEW MODIFICATIONS (STINGERS)
- The 18-inch wheels are one of the most striking changes in the cars presented by the different teams. The increase in size will have an impact on the temperature of the tires: less heating, more parity on the track.
- The famous term dirty air is one of the main bets in 2022. This phenomenon will not be eradicated, however, it will be reduced from the ground effect: the closer to the ground a car is, the less turbulent air affects its performance in the circuit.
- In Formula 1, aerodynamics represents the most important element, the one that determines the performance and capacity of racing cars.
- Similarly, the spoilers are part of the main modifications, focused 100 percent on mechanical aspects. The front one generates constant downforce; the rear, creates a rotating airflow. In simpler terms, it makes chasing and passing easier.
- BAHRAIN INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT
- 57 LAPS
- 5,412 KMS / DISTANCE
- 1:31.447 / FAST LAP (Pedro de la Rosa, 2005).
- 308,238 KM/TOTAL
- F1 and the FIA found that when one car is behind another, the next car now maintains around 86% of its usual downforce, compared to 55% until 2021.
- The front wing can only be made up of a maximum of four elements in total and the endplate is flipped up like an airplane wing.
- The DRS continues, and after the tests it was clear that there were no problems with the ground effect and therefore it will not be removed.
Circuit Grand Prix Date
March 20 Bahrain Sakhir
March 27 Saudi Arabia Jeddah
April 10 Australia Albert Park
April 24 Emilia-Romagna Imola
May 8 Miami International Autodrome
May 22 Spain Montmelo
May 29 Monaco Monte Carlo
June 12 Azerbaijan Baku
June 19 Canada Montreal
July 3 Great Britain Silverstone
July 10 Austria Red Bull Ring
July 24 France Paul Ricard
July 31 Hungary Hungaroring
August 28 Belgium Spa-Francorchamps
September 4 Netherlands Zandvoort
September 11 Italy Monza
*September 25 To be confirmed To be confirmed
Oct 2 Singapore Marina Bay
October 9 Japan Suzuka
October 23 EU Circuit of the Americas
October 30 Mexico City A. Hermanos Rodríguez
November 13 Sao Paulo Interlagos
Nov 20 Abu Dhabi Yas Marina
- Russian GP cancelled.
- 13 centimeters, increased the size of the rims.
- 73 F1 seasons go down in history.
- 21 GPs have been held in Mexico.
- 1057 races have been held at El Gran Circo.
- 213 GP accumulates Checo Pérez.
- 2 victories have the rider from Guadalajara.
- 15 podiums has the Mexican.
- 795 Kg, the total weight of the car.