In a strict sense it would not be a burritobecause a traditional and typical burrito is made yes or yes with flour tortillas. But not everyone loves to consume them, there are those who are allergic to wheat gluten, or simply you ran out the flour ones and you prefer to use the Corn tortillas to make you a delicious burrito. Well this burrito day you do not have to deprive yourself and here we tell you how to do it.
The Corn tortillas sold commercially are from a much smaller average size than flour tortillas and are characterized by a texture thicker and more intense flavor than those of the traditional burrito. However, there are tricks to achieve a great-tasting burrito that does not spill the stew inside this type of taco that was originally made in northern Mexico.
The burrito gets its name from the means of transport where John Mendeza food merchant, carried his stews rolled in flour tortillas to facilitate the transfers during the Mexican Revolution. Some will think that making a burrito in a corn tortilla is sacrilege, but in reality the kitchen is versatile and can be adapted, so before judging, prepare and enjoy!
Burritos with corn tortillas
- 1 kilo of beef
- Corn tortillas
- 1 dad
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200 grams of cheese to gratin
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of refried beans
- Hot sauce, to serve
- Vegetable oil
- ground black pepper
1. Cut the beef in small pieces or order it as if it were for wire, reserve. Wash, peel and chop dad in small dice, reserve.
2. Put the tomatoes in a pot with enough Water and 1/4 onionLeave over medium-high heat until softened.
3. Pass the tomatoes and the onion softened to the blender, add 1 peeled garlic, shall to taste and 1/4 cup of the cooking waterGrind until a homogeneous mixture is obtained and reserve.
4. Place a saucepan over high heat with a splash of vegetable oilwhen it is very hot add 1/2 onion and 1 she finely chopped, wait for them to fry, immediately add the dad.
5. When they start to look golden popesadd the beef and stir, once it begins to take on a brown tone, add the tomato sauce passed through a sieve and stir.
6. As soon as it starts to boil rectify the seasoningadd salt if necessary, cover and leave over medium heat until the meat is well cooked. Then remove and reserve.
7. Heat the Corn tortillas to make them flexible, spread a little refried beansadd some thin slices of cheese to melt, then pour some of the stewed meat with potatoes and a few cubes of avocado.
8. Roll up the taco burrito and place it on a very hot griddle, with a pair of tongs it helps to keep it closed, turn it over and when you notice that the cheese gratin, remove from heat.
9. Place the taco on a piece of aluminum and roll up to prevent content from leaking out.
10. Accompany with hot sauce and guacamole to taste, to enjoy these rich burritos with corn tortillas!