After two years of uncertainty due to the pandemic, Mexicans are planning to make up for lost time and celebrate May 10 in a big way, because according to figures from the platform, reservations for this Mother’s Day increased by 40%. compared to pre-pandemic levels in 2019 and 82% compared to 2021.
This year brunch has positioned itself as the fashionable format to celebrate the big day, as there was a 461% growth in diners compared to 2019.
Taking this trend into account, OpenTable shares this list of restaurants for brunch in various cities in the country:
one. Parrilla Paraíso in Tlalpan (meats). They were inspired by Baja and Uruguay, both in the kitchen and in the joy of conversing and the pleasure of receiving their guests.
two. Mandolin in Polanco / Nueva Anzures (international). A contemporary cuisine concept with a selection inspired by Mediterranean dishes on an Amalfi-style terrace in the heart of Polanco. Perfect setting for breakfasts, lunches, dinners and an incomparable Sunday Brunch in a romantic and unique atmosphere.
3. Sonia in Juárez/Cuauhtémoc (international). It is a restaurant in the heart of the Juárez neighborhood. The cuisine is inspired by the flavors of home and memories of family meals. The space is small (60 diners) and has an extraordinary selection of wines.
4. Lardo in Condesa/Rome (Mediterranean). It is an informal space in which coexistence is encouraged, thanks to the configuration of the place that has an extensive bar and an open kitchen. This, in turn, has a large wood-burning oven—and the menu proposal, designed to share at the center of the table, and complemented by a careful selection of wines—all served by the glass—beers and spirits.
5. Lake in Polanco/Nueva Anzures (from farm to table). It is a work space, a café and a restaurant aware of the origin of its products and processes. It is a sustainable fishing market that seeks to bring the farm to the table to contribute to redesigning the food chain and generating value for all its actors.
6. Portuguese House in Polanco / Nueva Anzures (Portuguese). May those who leave this house take many “Saudades” to feel the joy of returning again.
7. Cuina in Condesa/Roma (comfort food). They are a space created from the love of cooking and especially in confectionery. A comprehensive culinary innovation project that includes different concepts under the same space: Academy, Bakery, Restaurant & Events. Good food and design is what moves each of the concepts in which it offers a part of its innovative vision of gastronomy to its guests. They are a space open to creativity, good talks and unforgettable moments.
8. Arango in Tabacalera (contemporary Mexican). For chef Alejandro Cuatepotzopara, cooking represents passion, creativity and perseverance. Dedicated to discovering the magic of the flavors of Mexico, “because there is nothing richer than refreshing the memory, much more than if it is with the palate.” He was recognized in 2015 as “Mexico’s Rising Star Chef” by the Cancun-Riviera Maya Wine and Food Festival, and is the winner of Best Chef of the Year 2019 by Food and Travel magazine.
9. Saks Polanco in Polanco / Nueva Anzures (international). In 1985, they created it with a single idea: to offer healthy food with friendly service in a pleasant and informal atmosphere. They care about your well-being and for this reason, they created gourmet dishes made with less salt and little fat, always thinking of a good flavor, an attractive presentation and an adequate balance of nutrients.
10. Aida in Santa Fe/Bosques (Mexican). It offers you a menu with its own personality that reinvents the classics of Mexican food, preserving the traditional flavors of home cooking. It highlights the best of Mexican ingredients without neglecting the innovation and quality that characterizes us. It seeks to be the place to unite friends, family and couples in a relaxed space, without pressure.
11. Torino Santa Fe in Santa Fe/Bosques (Italian). For 10 years it has been the favorite Italian restaurant in Santa Fe. Ideal for any occasion, it offers traditional recipes from the various regions of Italy, taking care of and respecting the raw material to the maximum, as well as excellence in customer service. Warm architecture that evokes a Tuscan villa and reflects our passion for cuisine and classic service.
12. Bellini Rotating Restaurant- Mexico at Del Valle/Naples (international). It offers everything you are expecting from your visit: top international food in an intimate and exclusive atmosphere with attentive and personalized service, as well as live music at night and every Sunday. All this with an unparalleled 360º view of Mexico City.
13. Helena in Juárez/Cuauhtémoc (fusion/eclectic). It is distinguished by its characteristic flavors of Mexican cuisine fused with ingredients from the Mediterranean, the Caribbean and Asia.
14. Casa O – Lomas in Lomas/Tecamachalco (contemporary French). It revolves around the ingredient, from its origin, cultivation and aging, to the kitchen. They work with the best farmers, ranchers and fishermen who share the philosophy on the raw material. French cuisine with a Mexican accent.
15. Macelleria Roma in Condesa/Roma (Italian). It opened its doors in November 2012, bringing the homemade Italian flavor to Mexico. They offer the essence of what an authentic Italian meeting means, accompanied by the unique flavor that a nonna can offer, and that today she will make you feel at home, in the casa nostra.
16. Bistro 83- San Ángel in Altavista/San Ángel/San Jerónimo (Mediterranean). Located in Plaza Grand San Ángel, the new concept in boutique plazas has a large terrace and an environment with the characteristic flavor of the area, where the contemporary merges with the colonial.
17. Loraine Café in Metepec/Toluca (cafeteria). It is born from the inspiration of the “Hanami” culture, which is the Japanese tradition of observing the beauty of cherry blossoms. The Japanese go to parks and gardens to contemplate their flowers and celebrate friendship and life together.
18. Masala and Corn in Juárez/Cuauhtémoc (international). It is a restaurant in Mexico City by chefs Norma Listman and Saqib Keval that explores the migration of ingredients and cooking techniques between India, East Africa and Mexico. Their food is based on years of research and study of their family recipes, as well as the movement of ingredients between the three continents.
19. Cityzen in Juárez/Cuauhtémoc (French). With spectacular views of Paseo de la Reforma, the Angel of Independence and Chapultepec Castle. It is the most exclusive new Kitchen Bar in Mexico City, perfect to delight French and Mexican cuisine, as well as innovative cocktails that invite you to toast among the clouds of the city.
20. Saks San Ángel in Altavista/San Ángel/San Jerónimo (international). In 1985, they created it with a single idea: to offer healthy food with friendly service in a pleasant and informal atmosphere. Their philosophy has always been the same: they care about your well-being and for this reason, they created gourmet dishes made with less salt and little fat, always thinking of a good flavor, an attractive presentation and an adequate balance of nutrients.
21. La Terraza- Gran Hotel Mexico City (Mexican). It is located precisely in one of the most beautiful and representative buildings of the City. Considered the most beautiful after the Palace of Fine Arts, being a remarkable example of the Art nouveau.
22. Pal’Real in Guadalajara (Mexican). It is a laboratory that experiments with open doors. They play with flavors, smells and textures to reflect the flavors of the memory of the palate in Mexico. Uses and customs of eating and drinking that are inherited to be the ingredients with which they carry out organoleptic experimentation. An interdependent collaboration between your palates and our flavors.
23. Café Pia in Zapopan (French). It is an ideal space to enjoy eating, drinking and sharing. Homemade bread, coffee, French-Mexican cuisine, and cocktails.
24. Negroni in Guadalajara (Italian). Inspired by the rustic gastronomy that characterizes the neighborhoods of Florence, Negroni brings to life a traditional Old World trattoria. In a classic, contemporary and cozy space that transports us to ancient Italy, we enjoy dishes made with fresh ingredients in an open and energetic kitchen.
25. Nolan by Chef Gus, in San Pedro Garza García (breakfast). It is a restaurant located in Plaza Vía Cordillera, with a 100% Mexican gastronomic experience. Each dish has its own story to tell, thanks to the five senses that the human being has. Because of the montage, because of the texture, because of the sound, because of the smell and most importantly… because of the taste.
26. Ix kool in Cozumel (Mexican) (In Spanish Milpa). It represents life through ancient times; This concept will delight us with an explosion of flavors and textures in each of its foods, representing the freshness and innovation of the Mayan culture over the years, without losing sight of its origins and the incredible seasoning of its dishes over time. .
27. Bistro 702 in Puebla (bistro). Restaurant that fuses French and Mexican cuisine: breakfast, lunch, dinner and the most delicious artisan bakery in the city. Expertise, taste, atmosphere and service. They have a very cozy and comfortable space with several different spaces, from a place for reading and meetings, to a beautiful terrace.
28. Museum of Yucatecan gastronomy in Mérida (regional Mexican). It is a unique restaurant in Mexico that promotes our cultural and gastronomic wealth. It is located in the heart of the center of Mérida and when you visit it, it will take you back in time through a magical journey through the history of our gastronomy, where you will be able to discover the authentic smells and flavors of the perfect fusion of two cultures.