The chicken It is always noble for its affordable price, for its versatility when cooking, for its unique flavor, and its enormous amount of nutrients that are good for health. Surely you ate dozens of dishes with this delicious ingredient, but never one as peculiar and tasty as the chicken bathed in peanut sauce.
It is not common to find this preparation in the homes of Argentines or in the largest and most experienced bodegones in the province of Buenos Aires, and that is because its origin is purely Mexican. better known as “Peanut chicken”by the name by which peanuts are called in that Latin American country, It is one of the most exquisite typical dishes of Aztec cuisine.. And a huge discovery in River Plate cuisine.
In addition to having a high nutritional value and being attractive in every way, the recipe for this preparation is super easy and very cheap. For $500 today, we guarantee a rich and simple dish on your table. And what better than Pauline Kitchen to explain how to make this recipe.
Chicken thighs with peanut sauce: definitive recipe
Ingredients (for 2 people):
- 4 chicken thighs (can also be made with another part)
- 1/2 cup shelled peanuts (roasted or raw)
- 2 expert tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 puta chili pepper (optional)
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon*
- Salt and olive oil
- Boil the chicken in plenty of water with half a chopped onion, no matter the size. Boil until cooked.
- Peel the tomatoes, cut them into halves and put them upside down in a hot frying pan with just a little oil. Let them brown, even burn a little. Repeat turning them over. When they are toasted on both sides, remove. This will give a special flavor to the sauce.
- Put the chopped half onion, the chopped garlic, and the peeled peanuts in a frying pan with a little olive oil. Add the ají puta parió: whole, a piece or whatever you want. This depends on how spicy you like it. I recommend putting at least a little, it gives a great flavor. Saute for about 5 minutes, until the peanuts are just toasted.
- Take to the blender: the tomatoes, the peanut mixture with chili, onion and garlic, add salt, peppercorns, cinnamon powder, onions from the chicken broth and a glass of broth. Blend enough, until a smooth sauce remains. Go adding the broth little by little, it will be between 1 or 2 glasses. The sauce should be very thick.
- Return the sauce to the pan and cook over medium heat until it boils and begins to change color. It’s between 5 and 7 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs to the sauce so that they soak well. Serve with rice.