One of the things that is hardly talked about but that must be done is the fact of having to travel at dawn with the children, when the school where they attend is in the city.
If you live in Panama Oeste but you have to get up early so that your children can arrive on time for their classes, then this note is for you.
Today I am talking about my experience with my 4-year-old daughter, who has just started her school stage in a small school located in Panama City, since both my husband and I work here and we cannot enroll her in one that fits us. close to home.
Usually, schools in Panama start their classes at 7:00 am, but What happens if our children are not hungry before that time?
It is no secret to anyone that for our children to succeed in their education, they must be fed; However, in my case, my daughter is not hungry at that time, simply because before starting school she was at home with me and had breakfast from 8:30 am to 9:00 am approximately.
Thanks to the Lord we are fortunate to be able to move from West Panama to the city in a vehicle, I really don’t want to imagine how difficult it is for people who don’t have that facility and have to do it by public transport.
My daughter is asleep on the way, we arrive at school before 7:00 am and then I wake her up very calmly, to be able to give her something to eat (albeit a little) and meanwhile, I comb her hair and lastly, I dress her .
At this point, if the following seems remendable:
- Waking them up with love, giving them a kiss, saying good morning and encouraging them to go to school.
- We can play soft music for him when he wakes up, it can be a song he likes.
- If you are not hungry, we must be resourceful, that is; we can chop apple pieces, put a little cereal with milk, for those who drink milk give them at least three ounces or one of those that come with reed, chopped strawberries, etc.; are some ideas.
- If your son or daughter is one of those who do not eat breakfast at that time, they will not eat everything we offer them, but it is important that it be a good amount, so that they can at least spend a few hours with something in their stomach until break time you can eat your full breakfast that we prepare for you.
- For example, if my daughter eats some cereal or drinks milk, I feel calmer and at 9:15 am she eats all the breakfast that I prepare for her every day.
Although it is true that all school teachers report that children should eat breakfast, there are several situations that only mothers or fathers understand; for example, if they do not eat at that time, if they have to travel long distances on public transport to arrive on time, among other things; then it is there where we have to implement certain strategies so that they can eat even a little of their food.
This is the reality that we live and that we mothers have to face, the important thing is the well-being of our children and even if their school is far away, we can always resolve and offer them the best option so that they can perform in the same way at school.
When you have to get up early to travel to the city every day, it is not easy but it is not impossible either and it is possible; We just have to offer them different foods so that they can eat even a little before going to class.
Definitely, the start of our children’s school period is really a blessing, giving them the possibility of attending school is our priority and goes hand in hand with their nutrition and well-being in general.
You identify? Are you living this process? You can share your story privately on my Instagram account HERE. May God bless you!