We are going to show you how to make homemade avocado and banana pancakes to achieve an ideal breakfast with great nutritional value.
Avocado and banana pancakes are one of the best alternatives to prepare for breakfast. They concentrate a large amount of essential nutrients in their interior and provide high-quality energy. They are also part of a healthy diet and have exceptional organoleptic characteristics. We are going to teach you how to make them in a simple way.
Before starting, it should be noted that the first meal of the day is often critical in many cases. It is normal for people to include ultra-processed foods of industrial origin here. These contain excessive simple sugars inside, elements that can end up damaging metabolic health. In addition, they are also a source of trans-type fatty acids and additives.
Avocado Banana Pancakes
If you want to prepare some exquisite avocado and banana pancakes for breakfast, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of oatmeal.
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- A teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- A pinch of salt.
- 1 avocado.
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- 1 egg.
- 1 banana
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- 1/2 cup of blueberries.
- Coconut oil for frying.
Step by Step
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- At the same time, process the avocado in a chopper together with the whey, the banana, the egg and the vanilla essence.
- Incorporate both preparations and stir well so that all the ingredients are integrated.
- It remains only to cook the dough. To do this, grease a pan with coconut oil and place it on medium heat.
- Pour some of the batter over the pan.
- After a minute or two, when bubbles start to form on the surface, turn the pancake over.
- Cook for another two minutes and it will be ready and golden on both sides.
- To present, it is recommended to accompany with some blueberries and honey.
Flourless Banana Avocado Pancakes
Also, it is possible to prepare these avocado and banana pancakes without flour to make them lighter. This recipe is suitable for coeliacs and for people with inflammatory intestinal problems. To do this, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 large eggs beaten.
- 1/2 cup of mashed banana.
- 1/4 of mashed avocado.
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- A quarter teaspoon of vanilla powder.
- Coconut oil.
Step by Step
- Beat the eggs together with the banana and avocado. It is necessary to mix well so that all the ingredients are integrated in the correct way. A hand mixer or food processor can be used for this.
- After this point, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Now, cook the dough. To do this, place a portion that covers the surface in the pan and wait a minute until you start to see bubbles on the surface.
- At this point, flip the pancake over with the help of a kitchen spatula.
- Then, finish cooking on the other side.
- From now on. can now be consumed.
Unlike the previous recipe, this one does not contain any sugar among its ingredients. It is true that a small amount of sugar or sweetener can be used to achieve a sweeter taste, although in most cases it will not be necessary.
The key is to choose a ripe banana for the preparation. Thus, it is ensured that the starch content is lower and, therefore, a good part of this carbohydrate is broken down into a simpler sugar.
As a general rule, it will always be positive to limit the presence of carbohydrates with a high glycemic index in the diet. In this way, it is possible to prevent the development of insulin resistance, which could negatively affect metabolic health in the medium term.
Benefits of Avocado Banana Pancakes
The inclusion of avocado and banana pancakes in the context of a balanced and varied diet can generate certain health benefits. Of course, it will be necessary to ensure that there are no deficiencies in essential nutrients.
First of all, It should be noted that avocado is a source of unsaturated fatty acids. These elements have proven to be fundamental to combat inflammation and to reduce the incidence of cardiovascular-type pathologies. Also, they can help improve muscle recovery after physical exertion.
On the other hand, the banana manages to provide a significant amount of potassium, a mineral that has multiple functions within the body. For example, it is decisive in the control of blood pressure. According to research published in the journal Journal of the American Heart Associationexerts an opposite effect to sodium and reduces blood pressure.
What’s more, These avocado and banana pancakes are a source of high quality carbohydrates; that is, complex type. These nutrients are the energy substrate for carrying out high-intensity activities.
In this way, they improve subsequent recovery by stimulating the resynthesis of lost glycogen. To do this, it is convenient to combine sugars with proteins, according to a study published in nutrients.
Prepare avocado and banana pancakes in a simple way
as you have seen, It is really easy to prepare some avocado and banana pancakes at home. Few ingredients are needed to achieve a spectacular result at an organoleptic level. Also, they will be very beneficial in terms of nutritional contribution. For this reason, they can be part of a varied diet without any problem.
To finish, it is key to highlight that, in order to maintain a good state of health, it is not only enough to take care of the diet. It is necessary to start a series of habits together. Among them, the practice of physical activity on a frequent basis stands out, emphasizing above all on strength work. In this way, the level of inflammation in the body will be kept controlled, achieving efficiency at the metabolic level.
You might be interested…